Best Shop Air Compressor Reviews – 2017 Guide
So you are looking for Best Shop Air Compressor Reviews. If you want to check out more compressors for your home, garage, car tires or looking for quiet compressors, pancake compressors do review our main page on best portable air compressor.
These shop compressors are a special type of compressors that are made for more complex jobs on the shop, site, garage. These have larger tank size, greater power, and are not so mobile.
Best Shop Air Compressor (No. 1 Recommendation)
If you are looking for a rather portable, compact and powerful compressor to inflate you tires, trim, brad nail or blow clean effectively; look nowhere further from the DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 200-PSI hand carry compressor. One needs to imagine of 200 PSI power, limited noise of about 78 dB and a hand carrying ability that is accompanied by killer looks.
Even with all those abilities, the main feature of the DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 200-PSI hand carry compressor is that it does any hardcore shop job perfectly well.
- Two 10 inch tires: the DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 200-PSI hand carry compressor is accompanied by these two wheels to ease transportation on the working site.
- 4.5 Gallon tank: to store the compressed air.
- Electric power input: 120V AC.
- Weight: 83 pounds
- Folding handles to ease portability and save on store space.
- Limited noise levels of up to 78 dBA.
The Good Part
- Awesome design: the shape and make of the DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 200-PSI hand carry compressor speaks for itself. It offers the initial impression of durability and ease of use from the looks. It comes compactly packed with two nice looking wheels to ease its navigation and complete the looks.
- Portability: With a collapsible handle and two wheels, the DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 200-PSI hand carry compressor is a darling to work with on the job site. Augmenting the portability is the weight of 83 pounds. Surely, nothing could be better to use when contrasted with this tool.
- Quiet in operation: the noise of about 78 dBA is fairly low and can be tolerated by many people when working. It is also preferable when contrasted with other air compressors. Though silence is relative, this device has taken a leap of improvement in functionality.
The Bad Part
- Pricing: though with the market’s epic features, the DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 200-PSI hand carry compressor is not so friendly to the pocket. It requires one to have a staggering amount to lay one’s hands on it. This to me makes it a little more expensive for most people.
- Poor draining: besides the cost, the designers of the DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 200-PSI hand carry compressor made it to drain at an angle of about 45 degrees. This is different from the normal draining that requires completely vertical or horizontal draining. Without this knowledge, the tool is at risk of rusting.
On a scale of 5, the DEWALT D55146 4.5-Gallon 200-PSI hand carry compressor has received an above average score on Amazon. The tool is an awesome work of art and technology. Despite some shortcomings, this shop compressor surely deserves some appreciation on efficiency and work output.
Other Top Shop Compressor Reviews
The MAC5200 Big Bore Makita compressor is a true definition of a professionally designed compressor that can be used in a variety of expert tasks.
It is built with pure steel covering alongside two side wheels to aid in its transportation. Some metal side bars crown the design and help it to evade rolling over when working at the field. With a 3HP powered motor, and pressure output of up to 140 PSI, the Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 compressor is the undoubtedly a thorough professional tool in the garage.
- Inbuilt 3.0 HP motor.
- Moulded iron pump with Big Bore.
- Oil lubricated for optimization.
- Folded handle to ease portability.
- A roll cage construction to protect inner parts from damage.
The Good Part
- Portability: the Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 compressor is constructed with a folded handle and two sturdy wheels to boost navigation in the working site.
- Durability: Constructed with cast iron to cover most of the fragile parts and on the top part, the Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 compressor holds higher chances of surviving the harshest conditions. The oil lubrication and the solid roll cage protector also serve a great deal in ensuring the durability of the compressor.
- Ease of use: Besides the compact nature this unit allows users to interact easily. One is also able to note the decrease of oil while using it through an oil sight glass.
- Fault tolerance: it is also very tolerant to physical mishandles due to its compact nature. This allows a user to work in a relaxed and carefree mode.
- Added storage: Seemingly, the Makita Company considered requirements of people who fancy storage space when manufacturing this compressor. It comes with an added storage compartment to keep urgent tools when working.
The Bad Part
- Noisy: the 90 dB noise level produced by the Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 compressor is relatively high and rather intolerable for many people. It often requires one to shout when working. This weakness needs to be addressed in their future versions. For time being, it is advisable to work by wearing ear protectors.
- Quite Heavy: weighing about 88 pounds, the Makita MAC5200 Big Bore 3.0 compressor provides quite a challenge in navigating. More so, should the wheels fail to operate, the portability of the compressor is greatly affected.
- Pricing: This tool is priced quite high. This high pricing may discourage one from buying this tool despite all the good features attached to it.
Going by the various features and performance of the device has received above average ratings at Amazon. This is because it has got great durability, power production (3 HP) and a fair usage of power (115 V AC). Though, it needs some adjustments in the noise and production price to make it even more preferable.
When one is in need of a professional air compressor, the ultra-quiet California Air Tool CAT-10020 will always make to the top 5 list. The future of professional air compressors seems to dwell greatly on reducing noise levels while working, efficiency of use, an outstanding pressure ability as well as an assurance of durability.
On all of these criteria, the California Air Tool CAT-10020 always performs greatly. When you got jobs to do with brad nailing, tire inflation and blow cleaning; CAT-10020 will often present itself as a wonderful companion.
- It is ultra-quiet (about 70 dB): This tool can be used comfortably in a residential room without much disturbing noise.
- Electric power input: averagely low 110 V, 14 A current and 60 HZ.
- Weight: about 88 pounds
- Two wheels to ease navigation.
- Pressure: high pressure of up to 125 PSI.
- Gas tank size of about 10 gallons.
The Good Part
- Silence: If one seeks silence at work above all things, then this will definitely be the best alternative. When contrasted with other air compressors of its size and performance, the noise level of 70dB is quite a fair deal to its users. It allows one to have comfort at work and produces a conducive environment for working.
- Portability: Although little heavy at 90 pounds, it comes with supporting 2 wheels. Besides, it has a folded handle making it more efficient to navigate in the working field.
- Energy conservation: The device only uses 110 V and 14 A which makes it a better alternative to use for energy conscious people.
- Durability: Armed with a steel tank and a solid roll cage, the California Air Tool CAT-10020 seems rather invincible in statute and durability. Besides, the California Air Tool CAT-10020 is oil free. This additional property reduces the time and caution one needs to offer on the tool.
The Bad Part
- Poor wheels and wheel location: complaints in the past have been given on the quality of the wheels contained by the California Air Tool CAT-10020 air compressor. In addition to quality, they are also loosely placed near the tank. Thus they hinder effective transportation of the device.
Going by the reviews of the product in Amazon, only one person in every ten people got dissatisfied by the product. Based on this as well as on a personal experience with the California Air Tool CAT-10020 air compressor, we greatly recommend it for purchase to any professional who needs a silent air compressor for professional and shop tasks.